Thursday, May 6, 2010

Don't be like Curtis...

As you all know, or most know, I am a Customer Service Rep for Bank of America. And I think a pretty damn good one. So I know how a customer service rep should act. Everytime I have to deal with a customer service rep on the phone, I think to myself "would I treat a customer this way?"

Well I can tell you one thing, I would not treat a customer the way I was treated by my Aetna insurance rep! The rep, "Curtis", told me that my doctor didn't give them enough information about my need for a short term leave of absense. Apparently the words "stress and Bank Of America" in the same sentence wasn't a good enough reason. "Curtis" proceeded to tell me "You know, even people with cancer can still work" Can you believe that? OMG...I was livid. I tore him a new one if you know what I mean! I just hope I didn't ruin my chances of having my leave paid. I don't think so, because I called the today and spoke to "Mike" who was very pleasant to me and explained in detail what went wrong and the steps THEY are taking to help me. Now why couldn't "Curtis" do that? Why do some reps have to be mean? Didn't they ever hear the saying you catch more bee's with honey instead of vinegar? My new mantra in work will be "DON'T BE LIKE CURTIS"

2 comments:

  1. I don't understand why so many CSR's feel the need to be tools. I just nicely ask for a manager when I get one with a bad attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I asked "Curtis" for a manager and he said she ws "unavailable" and would call me back...never got a call, lol.

    ReplyDelete