Saturday, May 8, 2010

I love rainy days!

And I love thunder storms even more. I always get the feeling that the rain washes aways the bad and makes room for the good. I love the smell in the air after a thunder storm. The best description is the air smells fresh.

When I was a child, my dad and us kids would sit on the porch and watch the lightening and listen to the thunder. We would always count the seconds after we saw the lightening to see how far away the storm was. Mom used to tell us when it thundered, that Jesus was bowling and got a strike, hehehe. Gotta love my mom. When it would thunder and lightening, mom would switch to Portuguese prayers, lol. Dad was more scientific. He would explain that when the cold air hits the warm air there is an explosion, blah blah blah, You all have learned this already. But Dad was so cool about it! He loved explaining the ways of nature. I wanna be a kid again...

No comments:

Post a Comment